REWARD FOR THE RECOVERY OF A TASMANIAN FOX
Upping the Fox Reward for the discovery of the first free-ranging Tasmanian Fox to $5000
The State Government has called for more engagement from the Tasmanian community in the fox threat.
Previously three separate $1000 rewards were offered in 2006 for a genuine fox caught or shot in Tasmania. A $1000 reward offered on Tasmanian Times has been available since August 2006 and remains unclaimed.
This reward has now been increased to $5000. It is a genuine once-off financial encouragement to Tasmanian hunters to get involved. The only aim of this reward is to get to the truth about the existence of foxes in Tasmania and build public confidence.
Tasmanian Times http://www.oldtt.pixelkey.biz publishes this reward as a genuine offer and is independent of the State Government’s Fox Eradication Program
FOR THE FIRST FOX
COLLECTED IN ONLY THE STATE OF TASMANIA
PRESENTED FOR EXAMINATION*
Subject to verification, a reward of $5000 dollars will be paid to any person who can present a freshly dead fox for examination.
To be eligible you must have been humanely killed a fox within the state of Tasmania.
This offer remained open until 24 December, 2010.
To be eligible for this reward, you will be required to:
1. declare your identity and provide full contact details,
2. identify & mark the exact site where the fox was trapped or killed,
3. record the circumstances surrounding the collection of the fox,
4. photograph the dead fox with a digital camera with encoded time & date,
5. be prepared to remain with the fox at the collection point, and
6. where the fox has been shot, be prepared to submit the firearm used for ballistic testing.
As a condition of eligibility for the reward, your identity, contact details and statement of events will be required.
The fox carcass should NOT BE FROZEN; make contact as soon as possible.
After making contact, a visit will be arranged to immediately examine the fox and inspect the site of the shooting.
After assessment and verification, this reward will be paid once only for the first fox forensically-confirmed as having been free-range in the Tasmanian environment.
* THIS REWARD OFFER IS PUBLISHED ON TASMANIAN TIMES; IT IS A GENUINE OFFER AND IS INDEPENDENT OF THE STATE GOVERNMENT’S FOX ERADICATION PROGRAM.